Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:46 pm
Most Viewed Topics
Forum Ranks
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD
Sequel in the making
Arc Rise Fantasia
Downsides to SoA
Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Random Fan Art Findings
Favorite Moment in SoA
Vyse - Challenge Accepted
I found the future Drachma!!!!! (with a voice!)
Latest topics
» Kitchen Showrooms Sheffield
Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:58 am by Laleccy

» Valkyria Chronicles & Skies of Arcadia Will Not Die
Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:47 pm by VyseInglebard

» 100% Completion/ Vyse's Legendary Status
Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 am by 4dojo

» Vyse' New guest appearance
Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 am by 4dojo

» WE SHOULD TAKE REVIVING ARCADIA
Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm by VyseInglebard

» Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am by 4dojo

» Sega: SoA and Shenmue
Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 pm by KingGilder

» Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses
Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 pm by 4dojo

» Skyrim for the Win
Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm by 4dojo

Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses Empty
PostSubject: Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses   Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 7:05 am

The idea for this thread crossed my mind earlier when playing SoA and I was wondering if anyone liked or disliked any particular bosses. It was brought to my attention how much I disliked the Executioner battle.

Before that, I'd say my favorite boss is probably Sinestra and Destra because of the awesome moment it follows (despite that difficulty if you don't know what to do) OR Bluheim because you finally (oh spoiler)
Spoiler:
I've always loved that whole moment. Maybe because I played through all of it 13 times because the rom file crashes afterwards before you can save.

Now onto why I dislike the Executioner; for a few reasons. One, the mages (I think you could call them) that you have to take out first are a nuisance but not that bad. More importantly, it's right after the boss Bleglock (I know that is spelled wrong) and I didn't think he would be followed by a boss so I didn't heal/save on my first playthrough. And I died and had to redo the Blemapotamus boss again. That boss isn't that tough. But the Executioner.

He's immediately increm'd and you can't really avoid that. The best choice of action is doing the same to Drachma and using Tackle whenever possible while also taking out those mage things first. Now my dislike for this boss comes mainly from the sudden peak in difficulty. The boss preceding him was easy and suddenly this guy can down Vyse and Aika in one move. Granted, thats probably the increm but you can't avoid that.

I literally was just fighting him hours ago and I barely won. Aika and Vyse were both down and I was struggling to keep Drachma alive, healing himself every turn, gaining 1 SP each turn. After 2 increm'd tackles and an attack I was able to finally finish him. And I learned something.

Drachma is the fucking man.

All that aside, talk about your favorite or least favorite bosses and why. That's always fun.

Stay tuned for when I rage about how much I hate Tortigar. But that's for another time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kinggilder
Lydi
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Lydi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses   Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:37 pm

As soon as I read this, I thought of that damned executioner. That stupid slashing move he uses that hits more than one person really stinks!

As for favorite boss? Hmm... not sure if I have a favorite. It's pretty fun to fight Grendel. It cracks me up when it punches and throws huge rocks at your ship, but somehow it doesn't kill you. The second time I played SOAL through, I was sure I could actually kill Grendel due to some massive time spent leveling up instead of knocking it into the gorge. After about an hour of chipping away at its HP, I discovered you can't actually kill it that way. Laaaaame.
Back to top Go down
http://sharulia.deviantart.com
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

PostSubject: Re: Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses   Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 8:59 pm

I'll probably have more to say about my favorite bosses or least favorite once I finish my current playthrough of the game and refresh my memory. I enjoyed Grendel. I enjoyed the entire Ixa'taka story arc, if you could call it that. I was starting to get terribly off topic so what I was typing about that I ended up posting here: https://arcadiasky.forumotion.com/t46-favorite-part-of-the-story#237

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kinggilder
DaccatLegend
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
DaccatLegend

PostSubject: Re: Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses   Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:24 pm

i always found the exacutioner ( i know i spelled it wrong. lol. idc.) pretty easy. probably cause i always seem to power level in that part of the game. even in my first playthrough i thought it was perfect timing to do that. lol. my favorite boss would have to be galcian. i mean really i know almost everyone here could say that almost throughout the whole game that u wanted to kill this guy. from everything hes done and all those moments when it seemed u were about to fight him but something always happened to prevent u from fighting. i thought o finally he** ya finally!!!!!!!! the boss i hate the most would have to be the boss for the purple crystal watever its name was. for some reason that was the hardest boss in the game to me. idk y but it was.
Back to top Go down
Ramirez
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Ramirez

PostSubject: Re: Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses   Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 3:24 pm

DaccatLegend wrote:
the boss i hate the most would have to be the boss for the purple crystal watever its name was. for some reason that was the hardest boss in the game to me. idk y but it was.

That boss is only hard because of the eterni-like one hit kill spells. Even spamming Delta/Justice Shield, it's still a difficult boss to take down.

I absolutely hated that executioner, especially since he followed what I thought was a rather difficult boss.

Another one i had trouble with the first time was that turtle-thing in the water crystal dungeon. His spells hit hard, and you have to be careful with timing attacks against him, because he has that special move where he turns into metal and cannot be damaged by any means. (Which is actually garbage, a fire spell/special could melt it!)

Another of my least favorite bosses was the second battle against DeLoco. It's hard and annoying to hit him because of the environment you're fighting him in. The battle could potentially drag on and on because he's so hard to hit.

As for favorite boss? I actually loved those bounty bosses, and by that, i mean the optional ones. Yes, they're the hardest in the game, and they use cheap, dirty tricks. But they're a great challenge, and being able to beat them feels amazing.
Back to top Go down
4dojo
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
4dojo

PostSubject: Re: Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses   Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 pm

Definately would put the giant metal turtle dude on the lower end. Galcian is easily my fav for awesomenss, but the most to fight may just be the executionaer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses   Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses
Page 1 of 1