Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:46 pm
Most Viewed Topics
Forum Ranks
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD
Sequel in the making
Arc Rise Fantasia
Downsides to SoA
Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Random Fan Art Findings
Favorite Moment in SoA
Vyse - Challenge Accepted
I found the future Drachma!!!!! (with a voice!)
Latest topics
» Kitchen Showrooms Sheffield
Favorite Feature of SoA I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:58 am by Laleccy

» Valkyria Chronicles & Skies of Arcadia Will Not Die
Favorite Feature of SoA I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:47 pm by VyseInglebard

» 100% Completion/ Vyse's Legendary Status
Favorite Feature of SoA I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 am by 4dojo

» Vyse' New guest appearance
Favorite Feature of SoA I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 am by 4dojo

» WE SHOULD TAKE REVIVING ARCADIA
Favorite Feature of SoA I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm by VyseInglebard

» Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Favorite Feature of SoA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am by 4dojo

» Sega: SoA and Shenmue
Favorite Feature of SoA I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 pm by KingGilder

» Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses
Favorite Feature of SoA I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 pm by 4dojo

» Skyrim for the Win
Favorite Feature of SoA I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm by 4dojo

Favorite Feature of SoA

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

Favorite Feature of SoA Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Feature of SoA   Favorite Feature of SoA I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 2:32 pm

This seems like it could go along with the favorite moment, but it's different. What is your favorite thing in Arcadia, like a battle mechanic that just works well, or is unique or you like for some other reason. The things that come to mind to me is how you learn spells (colored weapons) and how Cupil progresses with the chams you feed him.

Also, what would you add? Hands down the one thing I'd add into SoA would be a command that makes all 4 party members attack the first enemy in the list. It makes mashing A less tedious on those random battles. Arc Rise Fantasia (a game I talked about in the Games like Arcadia forum) has a plan feature where you can decide what each of your 3 members will do and just select that plan. I only really use the first plan it starts with which is all 3 set to attack, but it can be useful, and is really customizable, and it would be great in SoA.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kinggilder
Ramirez
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Ramirez

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Feature of SoA   Favorite Feature of SoA I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 4:37 pm

I'd have to say that my favorite feature, by far, was the ship battle system. Who didn't love the flying ships, and the combat system and strategies that it took?

One other feature of Skies that I'd never seen was the music in boss battles. I don't know of any other game where the music actually changes depending on how well you're doing (ie if you're losing, it plays that really dissonant, tense music, but if you're winning, it's upbeat and hopeful sounding) in the fight. It has no effect on the mechanic whatsoever, but it's kind of a cool way that the game itself "talks" to you through the music.
Back to top Go down
VyseInglebard
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
VyseInglebard

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Feature of SoA   Favorite Feature of SoA I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:32 am

well Valkyria chroniles is best strategy game ever! I loved Vyse's personality in that game which lead to me getting SoA! so I guess Vyse is the best part of the game for me! but the game has many good spects!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/VyseInglebard
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Feature of SoA   Favorite Feature of SoA I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 3:55 am

I did enjoy the coloured magic. I thought that was epic. I was slightly disappointed that I worked and worked and worked until Aika was pretty formidable when it came to magic, and then all I could do with her with the final battles was Delta Shield.

I think I'll agree with the Ship Battles. They were pretty damn awesome.
I also liked that Vyse could make decisions for himself, so you could choose how fast he ranked up. (and you could choose how nice you were to the girls. I'm sorry, but I NEVER hug Fina.)

I loved the characters and the designs. It's just something very right about it all. Vyse was a very inspiring hero. You don't see a lot of cheery heroes anymore. They all have a horrid past, or something up their ass and it's very refreshing. I mean, Aika's parents are mentioned to have been killed, but she doesn't let it bug her. SHe mentions it once herself, Vyse mentions it, and that's the end. (although I'd have loved to known what they were like)
Back to top Go down
http://the-shadow-kitty.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Feature of SoA   Favorite Feature of SoA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Feature of SoA
Page 1 of 1