Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:46 pm
Most Viewed Topics
Forum Ranks
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD
Sequel in the making
Arc Rise Fantasia
Downsides to SoA
Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Random Fan Art Findings
Favorite Moment in SoA
Vyse - Challenge Accepted
I found the future Drachma!!!!! (with a voice!)
Latest topics
» Kitchen Showrooms Sheffield
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:58 am by Laleccy

» Valkyria Chronicles & Skies of Arcadia Will Not Die
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:47 pm by VyseInglebard

» 100% Completion/ Vyse's Legendary Status
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 am by 4dojo

» Vyse' New guest appearance
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 am by 4dojo

» WE SHOULD TAKE REVIVING ARCADIA
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm by VyseInglebard

» Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am by 4dojo

» Sega: SoA and Shenmue
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 pm by KingGilder

» Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 pm by 4dojo

» Skyrim for the Win
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm by 4dojo

Go down 
+3
MistressCat
Ramirez
KingGilder
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD Empty
PostSubject: Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD   Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:53 pm

I believe I can proclaim this site dead. Which is tragic. But you know. What can you do?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kinggilder
Ramirez
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Ramirez

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD   Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:47 pm

=\

I stopped visiting for a few weeks. We'd have to:

- Get more people once schools go to summer break

- Keep those people

- Have a steady flow of new people after that

in order to revive this place. I've admined a few forums, and what always ended up happening was that no new people registered after a while, and the place slowly collapsed to the point that even I abandoned it.
Back to top Go down
MistressCat
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
MistressCat

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD   Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 4:12 pm

I'm still here! I just have no idea what to say.

^_^;;
Back to top Go down
Http://mistresscat.deviantart.com
DaccatLegend
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
DaccatLegend

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD   Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 7:28 pm

i always visit the site everyday but i nvr saw anyone post anything.
Back to top Go down
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD   Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 4:00 am

I like this site. There's a group on dA for SoA that wants to close because the fanbase is so small, but it's disappointed to those who want it open!
It's sadly a small fanbase. If people haven't played it I generally find it's because they've never heard of it at all. It's sad. If it had been released on Playstation- god forbid- it would have ended up very popular and all the sheep would have followed it.

I will say that the SoA fans are the good ones. We aren't drooling Narutard-fan-girls without brains- the majority of SoA fans I meet are well adjusted, well spoken and pretty damn cool!
Back to top Go down
http://the-shadow-kitty.deviantart.com
DaccatLegend
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
DaccatLegend

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD   Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:04 am

the-shadow-kitty wrote:
I like this site. There's a group on dA for SoA that wants to close because the fanbase is so small, but it's disappointed to those who want it open!
It's sadly a small fanbase. If people haven't played it I generally find it's because they've never heard of it at all. It's sad. If it had been released on Playstation- god forbid- it would have ended up very popular and all the sheep would have followed it.

I will say that the SoA fans are the good ones. We aren't drooling Narutard-fan-girls without brains- the majority of SoA fans I meet are well adjusted, well spoken and pretty damn cool!
i wish i could say the same. as far as i asked around, im so far the only teen/kid in my town that plays SOA. its disappointing.
Back to top Go down
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD   Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:29 am

DaccatLegend wrote:
i wish i could say the same. as far as i asked around, im so far the only teen/kid in my town that plays SOA. its disappointing.

I'm the only person in my town, too, save for my brothers. I've met maybe three people in real life that played it, the rest on the internet. It first came out in 2001, and then there wa the gamecube remake, so the likelihood of people playing it for the first time now is slim in comparison to games as well advertised as Sonic the Hedgehog. It just was never going to be popular. It might have been more so if it had come out for playstation, but as I hate playstation I'm sort of glad it didn't. Japanese RPGs like Skies and Grandia are often overlooked in favour of Final Fantasy because "everyone" knows them. I personally have never played past FF3 on my dreamcast SNES emulator. I much preferred Skies, Grandia and Phantasy Star Online. I don't remember there being a lot of advertising either. I certainly don't remember any TV adverts in my country. Other than reviews and such in the Dreamcast Magazines, there wasn't an awful lot of coverage (of course I was only ten so I might not have seen) So I think really the only way people could hear of it was word of mouth or buying the mags that contained the reviews. Add that to the astounding amount of people I meet who've never heard of a dreamcast and ask me what the hell that white thing under my TV is, it's no wonder. I've even met people who scorn the dreamcast which upsets me when I think about how, at the time, the graphics blew me away. XD

I meet a lot more fans who've played just the Gamecube version rather than the Dreamcast, which saddens me because I didn't like the remake as much. The music was off in quality and some sounds were different pitches or keys to the original, and after talking to a girl who had a manga of Eternal Arcadia including the story of how Vyse got his scar, I've always despised the Piastol story because if you believe the manga it's not true.

I think the only improvement of the GC remake was the fingers and the round boobs, and perhaps the extra discorveries and some of the Bounties.
You also got Cupil on your VMU. I loved that.
</rant>

However on DeviantART there are three SoA groups I currently watch, and several of which have introduced me to Skies fans around the world. A couple in England actually, haha.

It's a pity Skies of Arcadia World is a bit barren these days. I loved that site.

Back to top Go down
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD   Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:33 am

Oh- also, though I've noticed a stirring in the fanbase on dA on and off over the course of my 6 years on dA, I thought it was worth mentioning that anyone who wants to play it now will have a tough time getting hold of it- it goes for quite a lot on e-Bay and DC versions in particular.
I have 2 copies of SoA (one came in a bundle that I bought purely for Grandia 2 because I'd heard good things) and a copy of SoAL, and I will not go into all the arms I had to break and assassinations I had to carry out just to get hold of that for less than £60. It took years until I got a copy for a good price.... *is a cheapskate*
Back to top Go down
DinRedfire
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
DinRedfire

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD   Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:49 am

I registered here some time ago but didn't know what to say. I plan to visit here more often though, I wish I could help in some way because I really like the forum idea ^^
Back to top Go down
Rhayth
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Rhayth

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD   Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:53 am

How about add a SoA RP to the board to ignite people to post regularly and keep teh board alive?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD   Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1