Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:46 pm
Most Viewed Topics
Forum Ranks
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD
Sequel in the making
Arc Rise Fantasia
Downsides to SoA
Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Random Fan Art Findings
Favorite Moment in SoA
Vyse - Challenge Accepted
I found the future Drachma!!!!! (with a voice!)
Latest topics
» Kitchen Showrooms Sheffield
Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:58 am by Laleccy

» Valkyria Chronicles & Skies of Arcadia Will Not Die
Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:47 pm by VyseInglebard

» 100% Completion/ Vyse's Legendary Status
Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 am by 4dojo

» Vyse' New guest appearance
Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 am by 4dojo

» WE SHOULD TAKE REVIVING ARCADIA
Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm by VyseInglebard

» Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am by 4dojo

» Sega: SoA and Shenmue
Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 pm by KingGilder

» Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses
Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 pm by 4dojo

» Skyrim for the Win
Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm by 4dojo

Sequel in the making

Go down 
+4
MistressCat
VyseInglebard
KingGilder
4dojo
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
4dojo
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
4dojo

Sequel in the making Empty
PostSubject: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:17 pm

I read on a credible website (IGN I believe it was) that SoA is actually in the makign, and could come out as early as this year. . . . . I'm a little scared though, cuz I haven't heard anything else about it yet. study
Back to top Go down
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Could you post a link to what you read? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kinggilder
VyseInglebard
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
VyseInglebard

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:08 am

4dojo wrote:
I read on a credible website (IGN I believe it was) that SoA is actually in the makign, and could come out as early as this year. . . . . I'm a little scared though, cuz I haven't heard anything else about it yet. study

Ya but do keep in mind that they could any time pull this back,although I think they should carry on! I believe the sequel will make it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/VyseInglebard
4dojo
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
4dojo

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:29 am

Good point. I'll bet that's why they added vyse in VC. To see how positive the reactions of peopel were.
Back to top Go down
MistressCat
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
MistressCat

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 12:15 pm

I'll have to do some digging! I know that when the Valkyria Chronicles with the trio in it was due to come out, everyone saw the pictures and there was this massive excitement throughout the fandom about a sequel. At least Vyse, Aika and Fina were in it to some extent, though. ^_^

I REALLY hope that there will be a sequel! Air pirates are huge right now. How could they go wrong with marketing that? That, and there's an awesome fanbase!
Back to top Go down
Http://mistresscat.deviantart.com
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Actually, while searching for any news on a sequel, I found a post that talked about how it's probably not going to happen (their opinion, I'm still gonna hope. I mean, Tron got a sequel after how long?) but it showed me the Pirates of New Horizon game, which I talked about in one of the game forums. I'm still looking forward to the full release of that.

Just felt like sharing. I search for news for it like once a week.
Back to top Go down
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 3:21 am

Steampunk is very in now, with all their airships and goggles and stuff...
I'd love a sequel, but at the same time I'd be terrified that it'd be... well... crap. The quality of video games has dropped an awful lot since the days of Arcadia and the likes...

Stuff like *SPOILER* when you complete the game and it tells you that Drachma passed on a few months later, that made me so sad.

And then there'd be the massive argument over whether or not Vyse chose Aika or Fina, or anybody at all. That's if a sequel was even set around the original trio. I saw a rumor/April Fool's joke that they wanted to make one set 50 years later with the kids of Marco etc. Gah.

I think I'd end up disappointed if I were to play a sequel with no Drachma, Valua all happy and lala with their little Bilingual heirs, and Vyse married to Fina/Meridia/Osman. Especially if they went with the most obvious choice and brought in baddies from the fabled Black Moon. I could see it either being absolutely EPIC, or extremely disappointing.

...What if they got rid of Aika? The fanfics are always finding ways to cut her out of the story! (suicide, running away, killed in action, married to Luke, the list goes on...)
Back to top Go down
http://the-shadow-kitty.deviantart.com
MistressCat
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
MistressCat

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:04 am

That is a good point. Why everybodies be alway's killin' Aika? D:
I try to avoid SoA fanfiction if at all possible- the ones involving the trio tend to be the scariest, too. >_>

I would be so sad without Drachma... And, of course, no Galcian, Ramirez, Belleza... Most of my favourite characters are gone right there!

I had head rumors a couple of years back about a prequel, but obviously that never happened. I do hope that someday they will do SOMETHING with the series, but my hope is more for a graphics overhaul. Why mess with success? Obviously, the first game is dear to a lot of people, and another title to the series might take away from that if it's not done right.

My vote is still for an animated film or series. If they did it well, the potential for awesomeness would be unlimited! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Http://mistresscat.deviantart.com
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 3:42 pm

MistressCat wrote:
My vote is still for an animated film or series. If they did it well, the potential for awesomeness would be unlimited! ^_^

That would be sooo cool! I could imagine it being a lot like Laputa. THAT was a pretty awesome film. Floating castles, sky pirates with scarecrow hair and ancient civilizations....

I've always wanted to do a comic book version of the game- I've got random pages flying around my room from scenes of the game... I just never get around to it...
Back to top Go down
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:15 pm

So I read that Shenmue 3 is a possibility. The first Shenmue was an amazing game on the Dreamcast that got a sequel in 2001. If Sega will let a Shenmue 3 happen (despite the budget, I mean, the first two were expensive as hell but great) I don't see why another SoA can't happen. Or at least something involving that world even.

MistressCat wrote:
I would be so sad without Drachma... And, of course, no Galcian, Ramirez, Belleza... Most of my favourite characters are gone right there!

I had head rumors a couple of years back about a prequel, but obviously that never happened. I do hope that someday they will do SOMETHING with the series, but my hope is more for a graphics overhaul. Why mess with success? Obviously, the first game is dear to a lot of people, and another title to the series might take away from that if it's not done right.

I do think the story and credits ended it perfectly, but something really should be added on to it. It's an amazing game that deserves it. I think a prequel could be great if done right (I also want to see a StarFox prequel about Fox's father, but oh well). But honestly a direct sequel could ruin it.

the-shadow-kitty wrote:
And then there'd be the massive argument over whether or not Vyse chose Aika or Fina, or anybody at all. That's if a sequel was even set around the original trio. I saw a rumor/April Fool's joke that they wanted to make one set 50 years later with the kids of Marco etc. Gah.

I think that it ended perfectly, in that question wasn't answered. No one can be let down, and it leaves it up for the player to just think their own outcome, and most games that do this end perfectly as well. I personally had an idea of a young pirate who didn't necessarily know his father and since it's Arcadia, and maybe he knows about something his father did that matches up with what Vyse did, maybe it could have that field of mystery of maybe it's his kid or maybe not, and if it was and he found out, then it was about answering that question of that mother. And if done well, THAT could be awesome. But thats my opinion. I guess at this point I don't want a sequel, but a whole new story in Arcadia. Maybe with connections to the first game that give that amazing Nostalgia feeling, but something with a whole new story and feeling. Similar to Majora's Mask following Ocarina of Time. Same character, a similar time concept to play around, but a whole new game. It could be amazing.

Okay, end of long post.
Back to top Go down
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:21 pm

To add onto my previous post, I think we need a fan-made sequel, or something to add onto the series. We just need a large team of awesome people who can make it as a PC game. And then get a plot that will make the Arcadia fan base happy. And then make it awesome. I think it's possible.
Back to top Go down
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:07 am

KingGilder wrote:
To add onto my previous post, I think we need a fan-made sequel, or something to add onto the series. We just need a large team of awesome people who can make it as a PC game. And then get a plot that will make the Arcadia fan base happy. And then make it awesome. I think it's possible.

http://www.renaya1989.deviantart.com is making a sequel. I'm not all together sure what it's about, but it features her OCs. I'd check it out.

I like the prequel idea. A tiny Vyse would be so fun! Or even something about his parents and the Dyne Clan. I mean, there was the whole thing where Aika's parents have passed but it's never even mentioned. I've seen theories that they died in the fire on the Azureus (Mendoza's ship - I think that's what it's called)

But then I'm not a big fan of the Piastol storyline. I remember years before the GC remake a girl who had built a Vyse fansite had a copy of a Skies manga that contained mini-stories, according to her the story of Vyse's scar was QUITE different, the only similarity being that he was protecting Aika. (So when I bought the GC remake I was really confused.)
Back to top Go down
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:51 pm

the-shadow-kitty wrote:
I like the prequel idea. A tiny Vyse would be so fun!

My opinion on tiny Vyse:
Sequel in the making Ea00310
Back to top Go down
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:29 am

...Wait, you drew that? I thought it was official art? Or is it official art and you're just posting it and- shutting up now.

I love how they're wearing the same clothes they're wearing in seven years. But Aika's pigtails are soooo cute!
Back to top Go down
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 3:32 pm

the-shadow-kitty wrote:
...Wait, you drew that? I thought it was official art? Or is it official art and you're just posting it and- shutting up now.

I love how they're wearing the same clothes they're wearing in seven years. But Aika's pigtails are soooo cute!

Yeah, I never really noticed the whole same clothes thing. xD But it's just concept art. I found a bunch of it, and actually posted the link in the fanart forum if you want to see more of that. I wish I could draw that good. I do have cutouts of SoA characters on my wall though, if thats even related.
Back to top Go down
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:49 am

Majora's Mask was very fun. A prequel or same-time-dimensionish game would be good

I'd love to see a prequel about, well. There's a whole list.

Dyne's clan. HE did everything Vyse did at eighteen. How'd that come about? How did he meet the future Mrs. Dyne? (or as I call her, Connie) Was his best friend maybe- one of Aika's parents?

Aika's parents got no love in the game. I have my theories about who they were... XD
(My names for them if anyone's interested are Catherine -cat- and Erick XD)

Who was Enrique's father? He was supposedly a nice man.... Perhaps, gasp- Galcian got rid of him so that he could manipulate Teodora, a beautiful but weak willed woman who became unbearably bitter and angry at the world for the death of her loving husband. She grew cynical and ugly, and so it became easy to whisper suggestions in the dark, and to convince her of the plan to dominate the rest of the moons?

Vyse's childhood must have been very interesting. How did he and Aika meet? Was it when he pushed her down that well? He started out airsick, perhaps he felt angry and upset that he wasn't living up to his father's expectations and stole a skiff to prove to Luke and Mabel -the big kids- that he could sail to the Silver fountain and back without being sick? He must have had a lot of adventures with little Aika and his pup Pow.

Oh God, I need to go away and draw all these as comics now ^^; Sorry!

Back to top Go down
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:29 am

the-shadow-kitty wrote:
Majora's Mask was very fun. A prequel or same-time-dimensionish game would be good

I'd love to see a prequel about, well. There's a whole list.

Dyne's clan. HE did everything Vyse did at eighteen. How'd that come about? How did he meet the future Mrs. Dyne? (or as I call her, Connie) Was his best friend maybe- one of Aika's parents?

Aika's parents got no love in the game. I have my theories about who they were... XD
(My names for them if anyone's interested are Catherine -cat- and Erick XD)

Who was Enrique's father? He was supposedly a nice man.... Perhaps, gasp- Galcian got rid of him so that he could manipulate Teodora, a beautiful but weak willed woman who became unbearably bitter and angry at the world for the death of her loving husband. She grew cynical and ugly, and so it became easy to whisper suggestions in the dark, and to convince her of the plan to dominate the rest of the moons?

Vyse's childhood must have been very interesting. How did he and Aika meet? Was it when he pushed her down that well? He started out airsick, perhaps he felt angry and upset that he wasn't living up to his father's expectations and stole a skiff to prove to Luke and Mabel -the big kids- that he could sail to the Silver fountain and back without being sick? He must have had a lot of adventures with little Aika and his pup Pow.

Oh God, I need to go away and draw all these as comics now ^^; Sorry!

I love all of these theories and ideas.
Back to top Go down
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:22 pm

KingGilder wrote:

I love all of these theories and ideas.
And here I was thinking I'd get told to shut up spamming!

I REALLY want to write the Teodora idea now XD

I've also wanted to write something about Aika's parents. I like the idea of a Valuan noblewoman running away with the son of a Nasrean merchant.

Perhaps Gilder should have his own game....
Or Pinta Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:26 pm

the-shadow-kitty wrote:
And here I was thinking I'd get told to shut up spamming!

I REALLY want to write the Teodora idea now XD

I've also wanted to write something about Aika's parents. I like the idea of a Valuan noblewoman running away with the son of a Nasrean merchant.

Perhaps Gilder should have his own game....
Or Pinta Very Happy
If you write any fanfiction or anything, feel free to post them in the forum. I would love to read any and all of these ideas.
Back to top Go down
Ramirez
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Ramirez

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:44 pm

If they're ever going to do a prequel, they should include the Valua-Nasr War, because it only gets a mention as something that happened twenty-odd years ago. A scene involving Valuan warships battling it out with Nasran ships would be epic to see.
Back to top Go down
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:21 am

Ramirez wrote:
If they're ever going to do a prequel, they should include the Valua-Nasr War, because it only gets a mention as something that happened twenty-odd years ago. A scene involving Valuan warships battling it out with Nasran ships would be epic to see.

You know, I wanted to mention the Nasr-Valua war, but I thought people would be like "wtf?" but it would make for a lot of stories. It's kind of the reason why I write about Aika's parents the way that I do, just to prove that a Nasrean and a Valuan can get along XD

On that note. BELLEZA. I want to know a bit more about her father. I mean, she's a very complex character when you stop and think about it all. I would love to see the man who motivated her, and how she fought her way up the ranks, and why the Hell she'd love Galcian :3

I also think that assuming everything would be hunky dory at the end of the game would be a bit silly. I could easily see Enrique trying to build bridges of trust to other continents and struggling because of leftover prejudices, especially where Nasr is concerned because there's a long line of rivalry there that I think the Nasultan just wouldn't be able to let go of straight away.

And would the Age of Piracy keep strong, or would it begin to wane as a way of life if we assume that everybody becomes bestest friends?
Back to top Go down
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:50 am

the-shadow-kitty wrote:
You know, I wanted to mention the Nasr-Valua war, but I thought people would be like "wtf?" but it would make for a lot of stories. It's kind of the reason why I write about Aika's parents the way that I do, just to prove that a Nasrean and a Valuan can get along XD

On that note. BELLEZA. I want to know a bit more about her father. I mean, she's a very complex character when you stop and think about it all. I would love to see the man who motivated her, and how she fought her way up the ranks, and why the Hell she'd love Galcian :3

I also think that assuming everything would be hunky dory at the end of the game would be a bit silly. I could easily see Enrique trying to build bridges of trust to other continents and struggling because of leftover prejudices, especially where Nasr is concerned because there's a long line of rivalry there that I think the Nasultan just wouldn't be able to let go of straight away.

And would the Age of Piracy keep strong, or would it begin to wane as a way of life if we assume that everybody becomes bestest friends?

There are so many back stories they could work with, or even work them into one fantastic story in an amazing game. Belleza for one. I'd honestly like to know a little more about Ramirez and Mendosa. And maybe, just Valua in general. I mean, I don't think Valua was always such a terrible place. Maybe some explanation about how it went downhill.

There are just so many things they could put into a prequel. And it all tying together into one game, and if done right, it could be amazing. It has so much potential.
Back to top Go down
Lydi
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Lydi

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:25 pm

I always thought it would be interesting to make a sequel picking up right where the original left off. It would be so awesome if they based it on the rebirth of the nations. While rebuilding Valua, Enrique has to fend off some of Galcian's old followers who are trying to take over the remains. He later discovers that they are part of a small, but ever growing group determined to gain power and pick up where Galcian left off.

Meanwhile, Ramirez is found alive, and is unable to remember anything about what happened after he left his home. Either he has horrible dreams and flashbacks of his past deeds and struggles to be good, or he starts to relapse into the way he was before. Maybe he has a run-in with the group trying to reclaim Valua, and they recognize him and try to get him to join them. So many possibilities! Fina could also be a huge factor in whether or not he becomes evil once more.

They could also make time pass in the game after something major happens. Like the whole *1 year later...* or some such way of making time pass. Surely there would be plenty of opportunities for Vyse and crew to meet up with their old friends, make new ones, and see what new treasures and/or islands have surfaced from the rains of destruction.

Anyway, if I had the funding and the rights to do so, I would LOVE to try and make a sequel myself, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://sharulia.deviantart.com
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Lydi wrote:
I always thought it would be interesting to make a sequel picking up right where the original left off. It would be so awesome if they based it on the rebirth of the nations. While rebuilding Valua, Enrique has to fend off some of Galcian's old followers who are trying to take over the remains. He later discovers that they are part of a small, but ever growing group determined to gain power and pick up where Galcian left off.

Meanwhile, Ramirez is found alive, and is unable to remember anything about what happened after he left his home. Either he has horrible dreams and flashbacks of his past deeds and struggles to be good, or he starts to relapse into the way he was before. Maybe he has a run-in with the group trying to reclaim Valua, and they recognize him and try to get him to join them. So many possibilities! Fina could also be a huge factor in whether or not he becomes evil once more.

They could also make time pass in the game after something major happens. Like the whole *1 year later...* or some such way of making time pass. Surely there would be plenty of opportunities for Vyse and crew to meet up with their old friends, make new ones, and see what new treasures and/or islands have surfaced from the rains of destruction.

Anyway, if I had the funding and the rights to do so, I would LOVE to try and make a sequel myself, haha.

I would like to see that. I think Xiakoda started a fan fiction along those lines, but it never got far with updates, and there was a good one called "fallen" where Ramirez had taken to living on a tiny island on his own, fishing and trying to forget what he'd done (until Aika landed in his fishing net XD)

I could also see some of the other nations being a bit skeptical towards Enrique, after all he is Valuan, even if he did work with Vyse? For all they know he could turn out the same as Teodora (obviously he wouldn't, but people could think that XD)

I'd love to try some sort of new game or comic, but like you said it's getting the rights, funding and time XD
Back to top Go down
Lydi
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Lydi

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:05 am

the-shadow-kitty wrote:
I would like to see that. I think Xiakoda started a fan fiction along those lines, but it never got far with updates, and there was a good one called "fallen" where Ramirez had taken to living on a tiny island on his own, fishing and trying to forget what he'd done (until Aika landed in his fishing net XD)

I could also see some of the other nations being a bit skeptical towards Enrique, after all he is Valuan, even if he did work with Vyse? For all they know he could turn out the same as Teodora (obviously he wouldn't, but people could think that XD)

I'd love to try some sort of new game or comic, but like you said it's getting the rights, funding and time XD

Ooh, that's a good point! Maybe Enrique would have trouble adjusting to being a ruler since he was kinda a pansy. It was always a bit difficult for me to take him seriously when he was getting airsick and such. Enrique's critical hit, anyone? Still a joke with me and my buddy XD

But all games have to start with characters, story and script. It would be interesting to get a bunch of fan's inputs and see what everyone suggests. A prequel would be awesome as well. There could always be unlockable character flashbacks that were playable. I love it when games do that extra stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://sharulia.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sequel in the making
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next