Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:46 pm
Most Viewed Topics
Forum Ranks
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD
Sequel in the making
Arc Rise Fantasia
Downsides to SoA
Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Random Fan Art Findings
Favorite Moment in SoA
Vyse - Challenge Accepted
I found the future Drachma!!!!! (with a voice!)
Latest topics
» Kitchen Showrooms Sheffield
Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:58 am by Laleccy

» Valkyria Chronicles & Skies of Arcadia Will Not Die
Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:47 pm by VyseInglebard

» 100% Completion/ Vyse's Legendary Status
Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 am by 4dojo

» Vyse' New guest appearance
Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 am by 4dojo

» WE SHOULD TAKE REVIVING ARCADIA
Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm by VyseInglebard

» Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am by 4dojo

» Sega: SoA and Shenmue
Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 pm by KingGilder

» Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses
Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 pm by 4dojo

» Skyrim for the Win
Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm by 4dojo

Favorite Moment in SoA

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

Favorite Moment in SoA Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Moment in SoA   Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:53 pm

Thought this would be a good idea for a thread. If it's late in the game, you might want to use the spoiler thing, click 'others' and then Spoiler, and type between the []s. Just click the black box to show the spoiler. It's really convenient honestly. If you don't want to use it, that's okay. Just thought to mention it was there.

My favorite moment in the game is probably when Vyse and Gilder run into Aika and Fina in Daccat's Island or
Spoiler:
On top of those, Ramirez is a total badass. Everything he does is awesome, even when he broke down after
Spoiler:
it was epic. It shows the emotion he had. Favorite character, next to Gilder of course.

It's really hard to pick with such and amazing game, but share if you have one, or a few.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kinggilder
Ramirez
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Ramirez

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Moment in SoA   Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Spoiler:

though the graphics could have been better. Still, epic scene of disaster.

I also liked when you get the enhancements for the Delphinus, and it can go above the cloud cieling and below the cloud floor, just for the fact that it allows you to avoid random encounters.

Another fave of mine was

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
VyseInglebard
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
VyseInglebard

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Moment in SoA   Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:24 am

KingGilder wrote:
Thought this would be a good idea for a thread. If it's late in the game, you might want to use the spoiler thing, click 'others' and then Spoiler, and type between the []s. Just click the black box to show the spoiler. It's really convenient honestly. If you don't want to use it, that's okay. Just thought to mention it was there.

My favorite moment in the game is probably when Vyse and Gilder run into Aika and Fina in Daccat's Island or
Spoiler:
On top of those, Ramirez is a total badass. Everything he does is awesome, even when he broke down after
Spoiler:
it was epic. It shows the emotion he had. Favorite character, next to Gilder of course.

It's really hard to pick with such and amazing game, but share if you have one, or a few.

Oh wow! well hmm. I guess when Vyse first finds out that his dad and crew have been captured. Cause when they ask him what they are going to do then Vyse smiles and his theme comes on before saying "were gonna save them ofcourse!" but wither then that there are way too many!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/VyseInglebard
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Moment in SoA   Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:07 am

I have SO many favourite scenes. A lot of them involve Gilder XD

I really love the bit after
Spoiler:
and Vyse has pretty much given up, and then a gruff voice speaks up, and -BAM- Drachma's baaaaaaack!!! XD
That whole scene is pretty epic. Everyone banding togther with super cool "shiing" noises.

I laughed so hard when they stole Belleza's engine.

There's a lot of really funny moments. One of my favourite things about SoA is the humor, and the banter between characters, particularly when Vyse and Aika argue about random things, or when someone makes fun of Enrique....

CLARA. Every word she comes out with is lol. They only thing I dislike about her is when she shows up, Gilder generally runs very far and leaves your party.... *likes having Gilder on her party*
Back to top Go down
http://the-shadow-kitty.deviantart.com
Ramirez
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Ramirez

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Moment in SoA   Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:04 pm

Enrique > Gilder, just for Justice Shield. That's all I ever had Enrique do, (well, that or be a Focus slave, like Fina) especially during boss battles or bounty battles.

I'd also like to add

Spoiler:

In a way, I kinda liked when

Spoiler:

Another one of my favorite moments was arriving in Ixa'Taka, simply for the fact that I could finally breathe a sigh of relief that I made it through the stupid South Ocean, which is always a nightmare.

Yeah, there's too many to even list.
Back to top Go down
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Moment in SoA   Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:17 am

Ramirez wrote:
Drachma's character is basically a reference to Captain Ahab (Moby Dick) that scene gives Drachma a way deeper character.[/spoiler]

Another one of my favorite moments was arriving in Ixa'Taka, simply for the fact that I could finally breathe a sigh of relief that I made it through the stupid South Ocean, which is always a nightmare.

I believe in the japanese version Drachma was actually called Captain Ahab. I read that somewhere.

I loved the Galcia scene. And the feather scenes! (shan't go into it because it's vague enough that people who've played the scene will know what I'm talking about)

I never liked Enrique. I didn't even like him enough to accept his strategic positives. He annoyed me so much from the get go I can remember when he joins your party, I was literally like
*Gilder has left the party*
"Aw, crap..."
*Enrique has joined the party!*
*AW, CRAP!"

...Perhaps my worst moment in SoA. I just really dislike Enrique, I'm sorry ¬¬

Back to top Go down
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Moment in SoA   Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:38 am

the-shadow-kitty wrote:

I believe in the japanese version Drachma was actually called Captain Ahab. I read that somewhere.

I loved the Galcia scene. And the feather scenes! (shan't go into it because it's vague enough that people who've played the scene will know what I'm talking about)

I never liked Enrique. I didn't even like him enough to accept his strategic positives. He annoyed me so much from the get go I can remember when he joins your party, I was literally like
"Aw, crap..."
*AW, CRAP!"

Enrique is honestly a badass in my opinion, mainly for how he
Spoiler:
and how exactly he shows up, defying his mother for what he thinks is right and stealing the Delphinus for Vyse. Although I have to admit, I was really depressed when Gilder left. HE WASN'T EVEN WITH US THAT LONG. I was a lot happier when he came back later on though.

And everything about Glacia I loved. It was just amazing looking, and just awesome. Also, getting both the Purple and Yellow crystal was enjoyable, because it was different (I won't point out why) but I liked them less because of how quickly they went by with less conflict. I mean, I preferred the first crystals where all of the admirals were involved and it was a whole big mess. Maybe if the two different ones weren't back to back AND the last two. I don't know.

And regarding the Drachma in Japanese thing, I found all of these for different characters. And some of them are different, specifically Baltor being Balboa in Japanese.
Favorite Moment in SoA Drachm10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kinggilder
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Moment in SoA   Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:06 am

the-shadow-kitty wrote:
Ramirez wrote:
Drachma's character is basically a reference to Captain Ahab (Moby Dick) that scene gives Drachma a way deeper character.[/spoiler]

"Aw, crap..."
*AW, CRAP!"

I'll admit Enrique has his moments, but in comparison to so many others he's pretty low on my list. I'll have to find the bio I read that says Drachma was called Captain Ahab in Japan. It was there that I read that Gilder's name was mispelled, I always figured it was intentional but apparently not. It was supposed to be Guilder. I think I prefer Gilder though XD

I loved characters like Marco and Gregorio. Just because they were Valuan didn't mean they had to be bad, and the bit where
Spoiler:
really made me like him.

I loved most of the characters, but unfortunately Enrique is beaten only by Osman for how many times they've been the butt of our jokes. XD
I could be biased since I heard the joke
"Oh, Aika has a photo of me on her desk. Embarrassing"
"Fina has a photo of me on her desk too- embarrassing!"
"Enrique has a picture of..... ME ON HIS DESK?!"

SoA world was great for humor. I will never be able to watch the beginning of the Opening animations without thinking "oh boy! Toilet paper!" when Vyse catches the map... ¬¬
Back to top Go down
Ramirez
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Ramirez

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Moment in SoA   Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:10 pm

I just remembered, this was not a particular moment in the game, but it has to do with the combat system.

Spoiler:

Pardon the essay, heh.
Back to top Go down
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Moment in SoA   Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:38 am

Ramirez wrote:

Once you reach a certain point (I can't remember when, but it's late) in the game, though, this method is inferior to repeatedly fighting the black Looper that appears on the Yafutoma end of the Dark Rift. Be warned, though - this looper is incredibly strong, and its regular attacks are powerful and automatically cause Fatigue.
Pardon the essay, heh.

Ahh, Elcian. I fought him a good few times on the Dreamcast. The first time he obliterated Fina because he caught me off guard, but the EXP points are phenomonal!

Back to top Go down
Ramirez
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Ramirez

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Moment in SoA   Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Half of the enemies in the game could obliterate Fina.
Back to top Go down
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Moment in SoA   Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Ramirez wrote:
Half of the enemies in the game could obliterate Fina.

That was my problem with Fina. By the time you get her in your party at level 1, Vyse and Aika are already well into their 20's and although I can catch her up, I find it so annoying having to buff her Defense stats up with seeds, and I'll spend ages trying to find a good equipment combo, but she always dies first if I don't keep an eye on her, rendering Lunar Light, one of my favourite moves in the game, totally useless!

There was a rather good item I had, I cannot remember its name, but it voided enemy attacks- so normal attacks did no damage. I generally kept it on Fina, but I used to stick it on Vyse for the final fights against Ramirez as his Counter ratio is pretty damn high.
Did anyone else notice that after Ramirez attacks one of the girls if Vyse is set to Attack he'll Critical Hit him pretty much every time? Or was that just my game? ¬¬
I dunno. I guess I'm just a romantic. Vyse IS a gentleman, after all.

Back to favourite moments in SoA? Simply because I played it recently.
Spoiler:

Sorry. At heart I'm a VyseXAika shipper.... Even if RamiAika is also pretty interesting...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Moment in SoA   Favorite Moment in SoA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Moment in SoA
Page 1 of 1