Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:46 pm
Most Viewed Topics
Forum Ranks
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD
Sequel in the making
Arc Rise Fantasia
Downsides to SoA
Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Random Fan Art Findings
Favorite Moment in SoA
Vyse - Challenge Accepted
I found the future Drachma!!!!! (with a voice!)
Latest topics
» Kitchen Showrooms Sheffield
Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:58 am by Laleccy

» Valkyria Chronicles & Skies of Arcadia Will Not Die
Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:47 pm by VyseInglebard

» 100% Completion/ Vyse's Legendary Status
Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 am by 4dojo

» Vyse' New guest appearance
Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 am by 4dojo

» WE SHOULD TAKE REVIVING ARCADIA
Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm by VyseInglebard

» Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am by 4dojo

» Sega: SoA and Shenmue
Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 pm by KingGilder

» Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses
Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 pm by 4dojo

» Skyrim for the Win
Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm by 4dojo

Sequel in the making

Go down 
+4
MistressCat
VyseInglebard
KingGilder
4dojo
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

Sequel in the making - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:06 am

Lydi wrote:
. Enrique's critical hit, anyone? Still a joke with me and my buddy XD

But all games have to start with characters, story and script. It would be interesting to get a bunch of fan's inputs and see what everyone suggests. A prequel would be awesome as well. There could always be unlockable character flashbacks that were playable. I love it when games do that extra stuff!

Hahaha. Enrique has always been the butt of the jokes in our house. I mean yes, we do poke fun at Vyse, and Osman, etc, but it's normally Enrique who gets the laughs.
Not that I don't *like* him... He's just easy to get annoyed at... XD

I love extra bits. I think one of my favourite little insertions was when Vyse and the gang have been split up, and you played as Aika, and if you talked to stuff they'd comment on what the other would think, like "I like this ship, but Vyse would say it was gaudy..." and "ew what a gaudy ship! Aika'd like it though..." it just really showed the bonds between the two, I loved it.

I'd happily welcome anything from the Arcadia universe, even another remake, so long as it had nice graphics like Final Fantasy games, but brighter XD

...I wonder what Drachma was like as a young man? (say this as his theme just came onto my music player)

Back to top Go down
http://the-shadow-kitty.deviantart.com
Lydi
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Lydi

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:31 am

the-shadow-kitty wrote:

I think one of my favourite little insertions was when Vyse and the gang have been split up, and you played as Aika, and if you talked to stuff they'd comment on what the other would think, like "I like this ship, but Vyse would say it was gaudy..." and "ew what a gaudy ship! Aika'd like it though..." it just really showed the bonds between the two, I loved it.

...I wonder what Drachma was like as a young man? (say this as his theme just came onto my music player)

Definitely loved the whole Aika/Vyse split-up. One of my favorite things the game did in general was allow you to examine almost everything and see what the playable character had to say about it. Would definitely have to have even more of that if there was a sequel.

That would be an awesome back story! Drachma is such an interesting character. Seemingly uncaring and rough at first, he opens up as the game goes on. Would love to see if he used to always be very kind and compassionate before he lost his son.

I also want to know why Clara has the unwavering hots for Gilder. I mean yeah, he is definitely some awesome man candy, but she gives it her all to go after him. Maybe he saved her from something in the past? Or was she just one of Gilder's flings? Could be anything!
Back to top Go down
http://sharulia.deviantart.com
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:08 am

Lydi wrote:
the-shadow-kitty wrote:

I think one of my favourite little insertions was when Vyse and the gang have been split up, and you played as Aika, and if you talked to stuff they'd comment on what the other would think, like "I like this ship, but Vyse would say it was gaudy..." and "ew what a gaudy ship! Aika'd like it though..." it just really showed the bonds between the two, I loved it.

Definitely loved the whole Aika/Vyse split-up. One of my favorite things the game did in general was allow you to examine almost everything and see what the playable character had to say about it. Would definitely have to have even more of that if there was a sequel.

That would be an awesome back story! Drachma is such an interesting character. Seemingly uncaring and rough at first, he opens up as the game goes on. Would love to see if he used to always be very kind and compassionate before he lost his son.

I also want to know why Clara has the unwavering hots for Gilder. I mean yeah, he is definitely some awesome man candy, but she gives it her all to go after him. Maybe he saved her from something in the past? Or was she just one of Gilder's flings? Could be anything!

I've seen some fun reasons in fan fictions as to the whole Clara-chasing-Gilder thing. It was a highlight of the game, seeing him go from suave-hunk-of-man-meat to a quivering dog in boots and a duster jacket at the mere mention of her XD
Then again I also have the unwavering hots for Gilder. He's just awesome, haha ^^;

I LOVE Drachma. He's so cool. There are manga shots http://galleryarcadia.doublemole.com/ here -they've now been translated too SQUEE- and the logs have a lot of Drachma in them, including the memory of Rakhnam attacking the ship all those years ago when he lost his son D:
My eyes stung reading it. ):
Back to top Go down
Lydi
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Lydi

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 8:33 am

the-shadow-kitty wrote:

I LOVE Drachma. He's so cool. There are manga shots http://galleryarcadia.doublemole.com/ here -they've now been translated too SQUEE- and the logs have a lot of Drachma in them, including the memory of Rakhnam attacking the ship all those years ago when he lost his son D:
My eyes stung reading it. ):

Oh wow... I never knew there was a manga! This site rules! Could be great inspiration to come up with some backstory, or just get inspired to do some fanart anyway. Thanks for bringing this to light!
Back to top Go down
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 3:40 am

Lydi wrote:

Oh wow... I never knew there was a manga! This site rules! Could be great inspiration to come up with some backstory, or just get inspired to do some fanart anyway. Thanks for bringing this to light!

They've only JUST introduced the English scanlations, or else I've never noticed them, because I've read the japanese version so many times XD
It's a pity they don't have more logs. I was told a long time ago on SoAWorld that there were mini stories including memories of Vyse and Aika as little kids <3 <3 <3

I'm going through a big faze of drawing the Skies characters. I really ought to finish them so I can put them online ^^;
Back to top Go down
Lydi
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Lydi

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:20 am

the-shadow-kitty wrote:

They've only JUST introduced the English scanlations, or else I've never noticed them, because I've read the japanese version so many times XD
It's a pity they don't have more logs. I was told a long time ago on SoAWorld that there were mini stories including memories of Vyse and Aika as little kids <3 <3 <3

I'm going through a big faze of drawing the Skies characters. I really ought to finish them so I can put them online ^^;

So awesome! I definitely got hooked. I started playing the game over, so I'm sure Skies art won't be far behind Smile
Back to top Go down
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:02 am

Lydi wrote:

So awesome! I definitely got hooked. I started playing the game over, so I'm sure Skies art won't be far behind Smile

My family's currently in between houses at the minute, all our stuff's in storage and other than drawing or doing stuff on the laptop, I don't have a lot to keep me occupied. My brother chose to wait til AFTER I'd packed up my Dreamcast discs up to tell me he'd downloaded a dremcast emulator, but he thinks it needs the actual disc to run... I would have loved to play Skies on the computer, or even Grandia II! Right now I keep getting the urges to play those two!! ¬¬
Back to top Go down
4dojo
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
4dojo

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 6:38 am

I think Aika's just fun to make fun of cuz she's the stereotypical hotheaded red haired girl in Japanese animations. geek
Back to top Go down
Rhayth
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Rhayth

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:07 am

I don't really like the idea of a prequel here, but I think a direct sequel is possible.

My current ideas had several scenarios.

A new fearsome man takes control over the Black Pirates making them more aggressive and dangerous than ever, not much is known about him other than the fact that his men fear him more then the next life.

Zivilyn Lord and his bunch become primary villains seeking revenge on Vyse for his countless meddling in their affairs. This could be really good I think

Anything but the black moon.

Depending on time you wouldn't have to really worry about "happy Valua" as if it were done fairly soon after SoA theyd still be rebuilding.

Honestly I could do without Enrique as a additional "shipmate" like he was in Soa, but instead replace him with Piastol or maybe Domingo (as I thought he would have made a fun char to flesh out more)
Back to top Go down
4dojo
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
4dojo

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:46 pm

The black pirates idea is good. I don't think the one where everyone seeks revenge would work too well though, especially since vyse likely wouldn't be in the game if they made a sequel
Back to top Go down
Rhayth
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Rhayth

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:59 pm

Well the Zivilyn stuff I think works better cause there is so little info about their order aside from being treasure hunters, but they're like a secret order. So whose to say they aren't trying to find the ancient Black Moon Crystal to overthrow the world...and their is only one Air Pirate who could stop them!

I also see the point in the going beyond Vyse's time, but I enjoy the current age so much as it is. I'd really not like a prequel idea though as I tend to not like those outside of Snake Eater from MGS.
Back to top Go down
4dojo
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
4dojo

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:11 am

Yeahs. Prequels got a bad name since George Lucas tried making one.
Back to top Go down
Rhayth
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Rhayth

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:28 pm

In general I think prequels are overused...and i'd hate for SoA to follow up with something before its time. So very few things properly pull of prequels.
Back to top Go down
4dojo
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
4dojo

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:46 am

What's not used enough is fan satisfying direct sequels, thathappen right after the original. Like halo
Back to top Go down
VyseInglebard
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
VyseInglebard

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Hey Guys you know what stupid idea I thought of?
Well I agree that a film/Anime would be great! also prequel or sequel along as it continues the trio and Vyse XD. Anyway what if they made like a spin-off. Like a fighting game and you use the SOA characters. Vyse,Aika,Fina,Gilder,Galcian,Drachma,Ramirez,Enrique, Dyne and all those amazing characters! And they could add a few cutscenes for every character! There for we get to see/play our fav characters and they can't mess up anything but at the same time we still get a few scenes. What do you guys think about this sort of spin-off idea?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/VyseInglebard
4dojo
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
4dojo

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 8:18 am

That would be downright awesome, though it wouldn't happen sadly. Sega could put SoA characters in a retro fighter game, like Sega vs Mortal Kombat, but the game isn't popular enough now to have it's own spinoff
Back to top Go down
VyseInglebard
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
VyseInglebard

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:31 pm

4dojo wrote:
That would be downright awesome, though it wouldn't happen sadly. Sega could put SoA characters in a retro fighter game, like Sega vs Mortal Kombat, but the game isn't popular enough now to have it's own spinoff

Yes exactly. Maybe something like a SEGA VS MK or some sort. And include alot of the skies characters. Vyse,Galcian and such and I would be happy haha.

Actually any game that connects with skies I would be happy bounce

P.S as long as it has the original crew anyway haha.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/VyseInglebard
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sequel in the making   Sequel in the making - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sequel in the making
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2