Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:46 pm
Most Viewed Topics
Forum Ranks
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD
Sequel in the making
Arc Rise Fantasia
Downsides to SoA
Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Random Fan Art Findings
Favorite Moment in SoA
Vyse - Challenge Accepted
I found the future Drachma!!!!! (with a voice!)
Latest topics
» Kitchen Showrooms Sheffield
Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:58 am by Laleccy

» Valkyria Chronicles & Skies of Arcadia Will Not Die
Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:47 pm by VyseInglebard

» 100% Completion/ Vyse's Legendary Status
Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 am by 4dojo

» Vyse' New guest appearance
Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 am by 4dojo

» WE SHOULD TAKE REVIVING ARCADIA
Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm by VyseInglebard

» Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am by 4dojo

» Sega: SoA and Shenmue
Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 pm by KingGilder

» Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses
Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 pm by 4dojo

» Skyrim for the Win
Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm by 4dojo

Tales of Symphonia

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ramirez
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Ramirez

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 3:42 pm

What an excellent game. It might be one of my favorite RPG's that came out for the game cube, right behind Skies of Arcadia itself. Lengthwise, this game is pretty involved; it can take anywhere from 40-80 hours to beat it. As far as the storyline goes, it starts off pretty generic. The world of Sylvarant is slowly dying, mana (the lifeforce of everything, also fuels magic) is beginning to die, and it's up to the Chosen One to save it. Along the way, you have to fight monsters, a militant group of half-elves known as Desians who are for some reason attempting to stop the Chosen and other characters you'll encounter.

It's a lot more complex than that, though. And just when you think you're getting close to the end, something crazy and new happens - then you realize why they needed two discs for it. Just as little-known as Skies, but just as incredible and involving of a game.

Anybody else play it?
Back to top Go down
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 1:36 pm

I have it and have played maybe an hour into it but not much more than that. Same with Baten Kaitos, but I've heard amazing things about them both. I want to spend more time with these good RPGs but lately I've been busy, and I plan to play them when I get the time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kinggilder
VyseInglebard
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
VyseInglebard

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:28 am

KingGilder wrote:
I have it and have played maybe an hour into it but not much more than that. Same with Baten Kaitos, but I've heard amazing things about them both. I want to spend more time with these good RPGs but lately I've been busy, and I plan to play them when I get the time.

Well I mention this game alot..But Valkyria chronciles should be a game every RPG fan gets! you have to play it before jusging it! the strategy is awesome and best strategy game for me! And you canplay s Vyse as he is one of the best in the game and the graphics are cool! although Vyse isnt in the story, the story is awesome! and you hear Vyse's voice haha.

Well also games like Valkyrie pofile 2. Recently I been playing Dissidia and 3rd birthday for psp.

anyway just dropping by haha. (my fav game of all time is FF7! everyone should play it!)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/VyseInglebard
4dojo
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
4dojo

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 5:29 pm

How much does it go for nowa dayz?
Back to top Go down
Ramirez
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Ramirez

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 4:16 pm

VyseInglebard wrote:
Well I mention this game alot..But Valkyria chronciles should be a game every RPG fan gets! you have to play it before jusging it! the strategy is awesome and best strategy game for me! And you canplay s Vyse as he is one of the best in the game and the graphics are cool! although Vyse isnt in the story, the story is awesome! and you hear Vyse's voice haha.

Well also games like Valkyrie pofile 2. Recently I been playing Dissidia and 3rd birthday for psp.

anyway just dropping by haha. (my fav game of all time is FF7! everyone should play it!)

It's a shame that I don't have any of the system that game was made for. It looks interesting, although I only heard about it because Vyse, Aika, and Fina are all in it.

4dojo wrote:
How much does it go for nowa dayz?

Tales of Symphonia (on Amazon) costs almost $30 used and $72 new...the new price makes no sense to me, I got it at Gamestop ages ago for 60. It might be chaper at a game store than online, though.

I've been wanting to get Tales of Vesperia for XBox 360 for a long time because I tried the demo (although they put an impossible boss at the end or something....>=\ ) and it was good, it did its job in making me want more. I never got that one because it was too expensive at the time.
Back to top Go down
DaccatLegend
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
DaccatLegend

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:06 pm

tales of vesperia is actually the first tales game i've ever played. i gotta say it is one amazing game. i've played it for months. close to a year in getting 100% on that game. u need to get it asap. dont underestimate this game. this game has one of the longest storylines i've seen lately compared to newer games now these days. on a regular school week, the game could take a whole month to finish just the storyline alone. lol.
Back to top Go down
Ramirez
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Ramirez

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:30 pm

I fully intend to get this game as soon as I can, especially considering how much the price has dropped since I saw it brand new at Gamestop four years ago. ToS had an insanely long storyline with more twists than an M. Night Shyamalan film, so I know what I'm getting into with Vesperia. The thing that was really crazy in Symphonia was all the betrayals that I didn't expect versus the ones I expected that didn't happen.

Andsame to you for Symphonia get that ASAP because it's an incredible game. You can get it either on PS2 or GCN. There's also a sequel to ToS for the Wii.

If they ever made a sequel for Arcadia for Wii then I would have a real reason to get a Wii, with Brawl, and the ToS sequel? The only other thing I'd want is a Star Fox game (as long as it doesn't suck like Adventures did) and maybe another Star Wars: Rogue Squadron game.
Back to top Go down
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:45 pm

Ramirez wrote:
I fully intend to get this game as soon as I can, especially considering how much the price has dropped since I saw it brand new at Gamestop four years ago. ToS had an insanely long storyline with more twists than an M. Night Shyamalan film, so I know what I'm getting into with Vesperia. The thing that was really crazy in Symphonia was all the betrayals that I didn't expect versus the ones I expected that didn't happen.

Andsame to you for Symphonia get that ASAP because it's an incredible game. You can get it either on PS2 or GCN. There's also a sequel to ToS for the Wii.

If they ever made a sequel for Arcadia for Wii then I would have a real reason to get a Wii, with Brawl, and the ToS sequel? The only other thing I'd want is a Star Fox game (as long as it doesn't suck like Adventures did) and maybe another Star Wars: Rogue Squadron game.
I think the Wii is a great system, but the list of great games for it is kind of short. Brawl of course, a new Shadow Pokemon game has been talked about (I really hope it happens), Zelda, Mario Galaxy if you like those kind of games, Arc Rise Fantasia, Okami and theres some other good games I'm sure. Not to mention the virtual console games and some WiiWare is great. BUT. Nintendo is working on a new console. If it can play Wii and GCN, wait for that. Or wait for the Wii prices to drop. But this is just my opinion. I never sell consoles in case newer gen consoles can't play older stuff, and I prefer mostly older games, honestly. I still play my 64.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kinggilder
Ramirez
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Ramirez

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:52 pm

I think from here on out, all new systems will be backwards compatible until they do away with discs as ways of storing game data. Like, how revolutionary the disc was for use in game systems, only it'll be yet another way of doing it. Perhaps data put on a special USB, or something like data crystals from Babylon 5 or something.

I think I'll play through and beat ToS in the summer until I have the money to get Vesperia. And I WILL finish the Underworld Book sidequest this time!

Edit: Just got Vesperia, and I'm about an hour into it. The controls are similar to Symphonia but on a different controller that has more buttons than the GCN, so it's a bit of an adjustment for me...hmmm...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tales of Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Symphonia   Tales of Symphonia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tales of Symphonia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Media :: Other Games-
Jump to: