Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:46 pm
Most Viewed Topics
Forum Ranks
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD
Sequel in the making
Arc Rise Fantasia
Downsides to SoA
Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Random Fan Art Findings
Favorite Moment in SoA
Vyse - Challenge Accepted
I found the future Drachma!!!!! (with a voice!)
Latest topics
» Kitchen Showrooms Sheffield
Lost in Shadow [Wii] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:58 am by Laleccy

» Valkyria Chronicles & Skies of Arcadia Will Not Die
Lost in Shadow [Wii] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:47 pm by VyseInglebard

» 100% Completion/ Vyse's Legendary Status
Lost in Shadow [Wii] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 am by 4dojo

» Vyse' New guest appearance
Lost in Shadow [Wii] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 am by 4dojo

» WE SHOULD TAKE REVIVING ARCADIA
Lost in Shadow [Wii] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm by VyseInglebard

» Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Lost in Shadow [Wii] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am by 4dojo

» Sega: SoA and Shenmue
Lost in Shadow [Wii] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 pm by KingGilder

» Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses
Lost in Shadow [Wii] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 pm by 4dojo

» Skyrim for the Win
Lost in Shadow [Wii] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm by 4dojo

Lost in Shadow [Wii]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

Lost in Shadow [Wii] Empty
PostSubject: Lost in Shadow [Wii]   Lost in Shadow [Wii] I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Recently, I went to Gamestop just wanting something new. Its times like these when I find the best games. Example, Arc Rise Fantasia. Fantastic RPG (the Wii needs more), I posted about it in the forum a while ago. Anyways, about a week ago, I went to Gamestop and noticed a game titled Lost in Shadow, which looked like it was an RPG with potential, and it also had a 2D platforming concept to it. It seemed like an okay game, and I figured if I didn't like it, I had a week to return it. So I got it, and it's fantastic. It opens up with a boy at the top of a tower, and someone walks up and swings a large sword, and his shadow falls from his body, disconnected from the body. And you're thrown off of the tower, and rather a distance away. And you need to get back to your body.

But the interesting concept is this: You are stuck in the shadow world, you can only move where something casts a shadow. This makes for a fantastic platforming game. And you have Spangle. You move Spangle with pointing the wiimote at the screen. By holding B, you can search for things that can be moved in the real world, and Spangle moves them, which changes the shadow cast by it and may allow you to access something else or just change the world you're in somehow else. In other situations, you can use Spangle to move the light source which moves the shadows, or a lamp which swings back in forth, making the shadows constantly move.

Also, you get introduced almost immediately to the concepts of Memories and Monitor Eyes. You randomly find memories throughout the game, and they increase your weight, which is your HP in this game. Usually by .1 or .2 grams. You start out with about 3 grams and finding all 90 memories will likely help you survive. Killing enemies helps you gain weight back and EXP. Once you get enough EXP, you go up a level, and if you have full HP, you only get EXP from enemies. Monitor Eyes are necessary to complete the level. You find 3 of them throughout each level, and after collecting all three you can disband the shadow wall at the exit and progress further or higher in the tower.

Shortly into the game, you get a sword, and have to fight various monsters; or their shadows rather, as you climb the tower, and slowly a story unfolds. There's no voice acting in this game (as far as I've played into it, about 70%) and it's just a really fantastic game. The graphics are great (even though you mainly look at just the shadows) and it's just a really amazing concept and Hudson Entertainment did a fantastic job on this game. It got good reviews and isn't that expensive even though it's still relatively new. There isn't much music in the game, besides subtle background music on different levels. But when you do hear the music pick up, it's fantastic. I don't want to spoil when this happens, though. It thoroughly shocked me and I was just pumped and it was a great moment and level. Several floors later, it happens again and it was just as fantastic.

As the game progresses you can interact with the real world even more, and it introduces you to some moments of 3D platforming that work along side the 2D. It works perfectly, and the art of all of it is fantastic.

I'd reccomend this game to anyone who enjoys 2D platforming, or platforming in general as well as just the RPG genre; granted I prefer turn based RPG (Skies of Arcadia, Arc Rise). This is different obviously but amazing. It's a great and challenging game. I haven't had trouble solving platforming puzzles in a while (save a few chambers in Portal 2) and it's all around a fantastic and enjoyable game. I can't give it enough praise (excect for when I can't solve it and rage quit). I hope you can try it for yourself and enjoy it as much as I do.

The rest of this review is spoiler-tastic so I'll hide in case you want to play it for yourself.
Spoiler:

So after playing this game, I really enjoyed it, but the lack of a really good story gets to me. It could have had a much better story than it did, or just more complex story, or something. I'd give it a 9/10, honestly. I enjoyed it, if you like 2D platforming, or platforming in general, it's a great game. 90 memories to collect, several challenges, several hours of gameplay. Great game. Not much else to say.

Lost in Shadow [Wii] 971438_138008_front

Lost in Shadow [Wii] Lost-in-shadow-ss059

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCXGnFdG5xY

The first 12 minutes of gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iolqm2gli2Q

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kinggilder

Lost in Shadow [Wii]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Media :: Other Games-
Jump to: