Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:46 pm
Most Viewed Topics
Forum Ranks
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD
Sequel in the making
Arc Rise Fantasia
Downsides to SoA
Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Random Fan Art Findings
Favorite Moment in SoA
Vyse - Challenge Accepted
I found the future Drachma!!!!! (with a voice!)
Latest topics
» Kitchen Showrooms Sheffield
No DreamCast? No Problem! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:58 am by Laleccy

» Valkyria Chronicles & Skies of Arcadia Will Not Die
No DreamCast? No Problem! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:47 pm by VyseInglebard

» 100% Completion/ Vyse's Legendary Status
No DreamCast? No Problem! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 am by 4dojo

» Vyse' New guest appearance
No DreamCast? No Problem! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 am by 4dojo

» WE SHOULD TAKE REVIVING ARCADIA
No DreamCast? No Problem! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm by VyseInglebard

» Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
No DreamCast? No Problem! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am by 4dojo

» Sega: SoA and Shenmue
No DreamCast? No Problem! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 pm by KingGilder

» Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses
No DreamCast? No Problem! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 pm by 4dojo

» Skyrim for the Win
No DreamCast? No Problem! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm by 4dojo

No DreamCast? No Problem!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
danish
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate

No DreamCast? No Problem! Empty
PostSubject: No DreamCast? No Problem!   No DreamCast? No Problem! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:11 pm

Nearly a decade after I played Skies of Arcadia on Dreamcast, I recently had the sudden urge to play it again. Unfortunately, I no longer have my DC or my SoA discs. Although SoA is arguably one of the best RPGs of all times, I could not justify spending money on a buggy Dreamcast or scratched Arcadia discs.

Enough with my personal sob story...

Although I cannot condone or encourage others to participate in emulation, I feel obligated to inform other Arcadia fans that they can relive their adventures as air pirates sans the hardware and software. I have found that the NullDC emulator is quite stable, and there are working ISO's of Skies of Arcadia for Dreamcast. NullDC even has a working VMU display, so finding Chams for Cupil will not be a problem.

I have made it up to the Dark Rift (I think that's what its called), having just received the Delphinus. At this point, I have only experienced two crashes. Fortunately, after restarting the emulator and accessing the save file, I was able to pass the same area that I had previously crashed at.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

No DreamCast? No Problem! Empty
PostSubject: Re: No DreamCast? No Problem!   No DreamCast? No Problem! I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:36 pm

I don't have a copy of the DC version or GCN version, but I emulate it. I spent months finding a copy of Disc 2 that wasn't corrupt and was helped by an amazing thread which provided a patch which made it run on Chankast, an emulator. And I beat it through, and still play it now (mainly I play along as I abridge it, but oh well). It works fine and runs great, and would love to help anyone who wants to emulate it. But it takes a while to get used to it, the emulator isn't the best, the files are large, and well. The game is worth it though, if you have no other options. I don't, but the emulator works great for me and it works with a USB controller.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kinggilder

No DreamCast? No Problem!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: