Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:46 pm
Most Viewed Topics
Forum Ranks
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD
Sequel in the making
Arc Rise Fantasia
Downsides to SoA
Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Random Fan Art Findings
Favorite Moment in SoA
Vyse - Challenge Accepted
I found the future Drachma!!!!! (with a voice!)
Latest topics
» Kitchen Showrooms Sheffield
Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:58 am by Laleccy

» Valkyria Chronicles & Skies of Arcadia Will Not Die
Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:47 pm by VyseInglebard

» 100% Completion/ Vyse's Legendary Status
Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 am by 4dojo

» Vyse' New guest appearance
Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 am by 4dojo

» WE SHOULD TAKE REVIVING ARCADIA
Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm by VyseInglebard

» Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am by 4dojo

» Sega: SoA and Shenmue
Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 pm by KingGilder

» Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses
Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 pm by 4dojo

» Skyrim for the Win
Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm by 4dojo

Rogue Galaxy

Go down 
+2
KingGilder
MistressCat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MistressCat
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
MistressCat

Rogue Galaxy Empty
PostSubject: Rogue Galaxy   Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:06 pm

This game initially caught my eye at a game store a couple of years ago, but I dismissed it until I could read some reviews ( I have been burned by many a cool-looking awful game ). Later, I went back and couldn't find it. I was lucky enough to receive a copy from my dad completely by chance for my birthday and it made me completely regret not buying it as soon as I saw it.

I could go on and on and on and on about this game, but the most anyone really needs to know is that it's fantastic. An SoA friend of mine and I call it "Skies of Arcadia in Space" because at times it feels like just that.

The majority of the voice acting is great, the characters are likable, the story as far as I have played it ( I will get into that momentarily ) is engaging and the gameplay is simpler than some RPGs of its caliber while remaining fun.

The only downside for me, and possibly others, is in its dual-layer compatibility needs.
Having a newer model PS2, I am unable to run the disc most of the time and only got as far as I did on pure luck ( ie: resetting again and again until it read the darned thing ). Those with older PS2s should have no problems. I am currently waiting on getting an older model with dual-layer reading capabilities so that I can finish it!

That being said, it was a marvelous play for as far as I got, which I think was about twenty hours or so in, possibly more.

Combat is not turn-based as it is in SoA, but more comparable to the Grandia and Tales styles mixed together weirdly, just from my experience. I'm trying to remember all of the details but it has been a little while and I've played a lot of stuff in between then and now. ^_^;
I do remember that fighting takes place in a separate real-time area, and you fight as a character of your choosing while issuing orders to your party members. It can get a little hectic doing all of this yourself at first, but there is an auto-strategy mode for NPCs that isn't terrible. I found the AI to be much better than in some games I have played.
They are pretty generous with who you can pick and what role you can choose to play, so it's not limited to just one type for those that want to play around with it... Or if you just develop a favourite character. ^_^

Anyway, there are shades of SoA all throughout and it's a terribly fun experience without ripping anything off.

I've rambled enough- I'll let a random YouTube trailer do the rest.

Back to top Go down
Http://mistresscat.deviantart.com
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

Rogue Galaxy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy   Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:27 pm

I've seen it in Gamestop many a time, but never got a chance to get it when I actually had a PS2. Probably would have traded it right back in though, considering my PS2 was a newer one. It looked great and so much like SoA, thats probably what made me notice it. If I had a PS2, I'd hunt it down. I'm still hunting down SoA, honestly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kinggilder
DaccatLegend
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
DaccatLegend

Rogue Galaxy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy   Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 7:38 pm

Rogue galaxy is amazing. i used to play that game for hours. i still have my copy but my ps2 all of a sudden hates every new game i buy. ( by new i mean i never played before.) it still plays all my games except for rogue galaxy for some reason. made me so mad so i decided to buy a new copy and it still doesnt play it. i never had a problem with it before one day it just stops working.

But i agree with you. the game is amazing. the story is great. you'll enjoy the bonus stuff after you beat the game. WONT SAY ANYMORE THAN THAT. lol. i recommend everyone on here to play that game.
Back to top Go down
the-shadow-kitty
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
the-shadow-kitty

Rogue Galaxy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy   Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:49 am

Someone recommended it to me, but I don't have a playstation. I wondered about looking for a PC hack or something, but never looked deeply into it.
Perhaps I ought to et a PS2. Then I could play Soul Claibur, right?

The description of the gameplay sounds like Star Ocean (that new hope one) I've never decided if I liked it or not. I like Reimi; she's this weird combo of Aika and Fina and when she got her weapon out at first I thought it was a boomerang (it was a bow)
And Faize is Enrique with green hair and pointy ears ¬¬

Back to the gameplay- it was confusing because you could switch between characters, but you had to keep going around and telling them what to do or they'd end up under a pile of baddies. This happens to Reimi a lot as she's a long distance fighter- I spend a lot of time pulling her out from under a bunch of salivating dinosaurs.

I also can't get the hang of Edge. He's quite mood-swingy and emo.
Back to top Go down
http://the-shadow-kitty.deviantart.com
DaccatLegend
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
DaccatLegend

Rogue Galaxy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy   Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:02 pm

i have that game too. after beating the game. it kinda got boring real fast. i tried playing it again on a harder diffilculty but i just couldnt stand it again. i know. the game isnt really the best.
Back to top Go down
VyseInglebard
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
VyseInglebard

Rogue Galaxy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy   Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 1:39 am

I will look into t for sure!
Later on I will tell you some good games similiar to SoA also!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/VyseInglebard
Lydi
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Lydi

Rogue Galaxy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy   Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:24 am

Must agree wholeheartedly! Rogue Galaxy is another one of my favorite games, and as soon as I started playing it, I got really hooked! I have since played it through twice, and now my roommate has been playing it through for the second time. If you pick this one up, and you love sidequests, be prepared to blow 100+ hours of your life getting everything, lol!
Back to top Go down
http://sharulia.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Rogue Galaxy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy   Rogue Galaxy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rogue Galaxy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Media :: Games Like Arcadia-
Jump to: