Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 79 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:46 pm
Most Viewed Topics
Forum Ranks
Oh look, a lovely forum-- DEAD
Sequel in the making
Arc Rise Fantasia
Downsides to SoA
Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Random Fan Art Findings
Favorite Moment in SoA
Vyse - Challenge Accepted
I found the future Drachma!!!!! (with a voice!)
Latest topics
» Kitchen Showrooms Sheffield
Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:58 am by Laleccy

» Valkyria Chronicles & Skies of Arcadia Will Not Die
Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:47 pm by VyseInglebard

» 100% Completion/ Vyse's Legendary Status
Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 5:55 am by 4dojo

» Vyse' New guest appearance
Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:16 am by 4dojo

» WE SHOULD TAKE REVIVING ARCADIA
Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 12:20 pm by VyseInglebard

» Skies of Arcadia sequel in the works
Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:51 am by 4dojo

» Sega: SoA and Shenmue
Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 pm by KingGilder

» Favorite or Least Favorite Bosses
Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 pm by 4dojo

» Skyrim for the Win
Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm by 4dojo

Zelda Games

Go down 
5 posters

Which is better, Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask?
Ocarina of Time.
Zelda Games I_vote_lcap57%Zelda Games I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Majora's Mask.
Zelda Games I_vote_lcap14%Zelda Games I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
I can't choose.
Zelda Games I_vote_lcap29%Zelda Games I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
I haven't played either.
Zelda Games I_vote_lcap0%Zelda Games I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Video games are mainstream, I play chess.
Zelda Games I_vote_lcap0%Zelda Games I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

Zelda Games Empty
PostSubject: Zelda Games   Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 2:50 pm

There are a lot of these, so I'm just gonna talk about the whole series. I really love it. Ocarina of Time was one of the first games I played as a kid and actually enjoyed, and it's a must own. I still have my n64 copy, and it's on virtual console if you want it on your Wii. It's a great classic, but I don't think it's my favorite. It changed the already amazing series by bringing it into a 3d Hyrule, but every Zelda game adds something to the formula thats amazing. I think my favorite Zelda game is either Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker. And Twilight Princess is definitely up there too. I'm just now playing Majora's Mask (Virtual Console) and I'm loving it so far.

Whats someone else's favorite Zelda game or a story involving Zelda? I know there has to be a few.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kinggilder
DaccatLegend
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
DaccatLegend

Zelda Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Games   Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 3:22 pm

ZELDA IS AMAZING a lot of the games are pretty well done. i gotta say that i own every game from ocarina of time. ( if i spelled that right?) and beyond. i gotta say its hard to pick. to me i would pick either twilight princess or majora's mask. with OOT as third then with wind waker.
Back to top Go down
swrutra
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate

Zelda Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Games   Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 6:29 am

KingGilder wrote:
There are a lot of these, so I'm just gonna talk about the whole series. I really love it. Ocarina of Time was one of the first games I played as a kid and actually enjoyed, and it's a must own. I still have my n64 copy, and it's on virtual console if you want it on your Wii. It's a great classic, but I don't think it's my favorite. It changed the already amazing series by bringing it into a 3d Hyrule, but every Zelda game adds something to the formula thats amazing. I think my favorite Zelda game is either Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker. And Twilight Princess is definitely up there too. I'm just now playing Majora's Mask (Virtual Console) and I'm loving it so far.

Whats someone else's favorite Zelda game or a story involving Zelda? I know there has to be a few.

I had a great childhood with my Nintendo 64 and Gamecube. Super Mario 64, Pilotwings 64, Wave Race 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Super Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX, SoA...

IMO Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda of all. Anyway, I started gaming with N64, and at the time I didn't know there were any Mario or Zelda games before. But it was a great start indeed. OoT was therefore the first Zelda I played, followed by Majora's Mask.

Majora's Mask is good too, but it's shorter.

Ocarina of Time's greatest feature is precisely its lifespan, it takes long to explore all the dungeons. Recently I started playing it again to try out glitches, which add up to the game's fun.

For lifespan and game experience, Skies of Arcadia Legends and the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time will be my all-time favourites.
Back to top Go down
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

Zelda Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Games   Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 3:37 pm

swrutra wrote:
I had a great childhood with my Nintendo 64 and Gamecube. Super Mario 64, Pilotwings 64, Wave Race 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Super Mario Sunshine, F-Zero GX, SoA...

IMO Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda of all. Anyway, I started gaming with N64, and at the time I didn't know there were any Mario or Zelda games before. But it was a great start indeed. OoT was therefore the first Zelda I played, followed by Majora's Mask.

Majora's Mask is good too, but it's shorter.

Ocarina of Time's greatest feature is precisely its lifespan, it takes long to explore all the dungeons. Recently I started playing it again to try out glitches, which add up to the game's fun.

For lifespan and game experience, Skies of Arcadia Legends and the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time will be my all-time favourites.

I agree that lifespan really makes a game better, and Ocarina of of Time was my first Zelda too, and it got me into games and games like it. I think games that are amazing but short lived are well, just short lived. Like most pokemon games, I beat in a few days and get bored of. I like a game that really gets you engaged in the storyline and the gameplay and it keeps you there for a while. And Ocarina of Time does an amazing job of that. Once I beat Majora's Mask (I'm about to get offline and play it now) I'll be able to really compare the two.
Back to top Go down
a1joryj
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate

Zelda Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Games   Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Oh geez, Zelda, where do I begin with this? Well, I suppose from the beginning. When i was just 2 year olds, my Older Sister, Jaquelyn, got my first and all time favorite game, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time for the Nintendo 64. We spent hours and hours playing through it, finding all the easter eggs, Heart Containers, she was a master at gaming back in the day. One day, when I was about 7, she decided I was old enough for her to entrust me with Ocarina of time. To this day, I still have it and play it. The cartridge is about really old, we got it on opening day, but it still works as if we got it yesterday. When she gave it to me, I vowed to beat it all the way through, every Skulltula, every Heart Container, everything. And I did, however many things gave me trouble like finding all 100 skulltulas, the Biggoron quest, Bombchu Bowling, The Gerudo Training Grounds and the dreaded Fishing. The game has literally the longest lifespan i've ever seen, both by itself and for its fans. It has HUGE replay value, and I'm not overexaggerating when I say that. I've beaten it 100% 11 times. ELEVEN! If that's not alot to you, you need to look again. The graphics kicked ass, the music was freaking AWESOME, and most of the side characters were just...weird. As per usual in a Zelda Game of course *COUGHTINGLECOUGH*. Regardless, this game had some pretty funny moments. Like for example, if you unfreeze King Zora from the Red Ice, but you already have the Zora Tunic, he offers to give you a...kiss. Like I said, WEIRD. Or when "The-a Hard-a Working Ingo" goes apeshit when you beat him in the race. The dungeons? Some of the most memorable places, like Inside the Deku Tree? That place is a classic, and it just has the ominous feelous around it, I can't really describe it. It's like every temple has its own feeling, like with the Forest Temple, you are more away, Fire Temple, calm and collected, Water Temple, ANNOYED AS HELL. Shadow Temple, Scary and once again, ominous, and Spirit Temple which is I suppose soothing but at the same time Ominous. Kid dungeon wise, Dodongo's Cavern puts you on alert and Jabu Jabu's Belly really gets you interested and confused. One of the best qualities of this game were the items. I mean, THE FRIGGIN HOOKSHOT, Hover Boots, Din's Fire (ESPECIALLY), Slingshot, etc, i really have no favorite, because they all do individual things and each have a purpose...except for the Ice Arrows, they can go to hell. Another awesome thing was Epona. I mean, Epona is how she got me to really want to ride a horse, just so I could experiance the same feeling that Link does, and it felt AWESOME. Next and foremost best quality I believe this game has is the Ocarina. The songs you play on that just, again, have their own feeling to them. I'm not going to answer about the regular songs, but I'll describe the warp songs. Minuet Of Forest is like looking back on lost memories, Bolero Of Fire is like marching into battle, Serenade of Water is really calming (HEAVILY proved by Twilight Princess), The Nocturne of Shadow is once again Ominous, the Prelude of Light gives you that special feeling like everything will be ok, and the Requiem of Spirit is....well i can't really describe that. Though, every game has its flaws, but OOT has really few. Though I'll explain them anyways. 1: What the hell is the point of the Medalions? They do really nothing for you. 2: Ice Cavern? Theres no point to it besides the Skulltulas, Heart Containers and Iron Boots. Fish sucked too, because the bobble would be RIGHT NEXT to the fucker and it WOULDNT GO FOR IT. And speaking of Skulltulas from earliar, why the fuck does 100 skulltulas only give you 200 rupees? It should double your attack! I mean you at least deserve that if you took the time to find them all (While spending over 500 rupees because that includes having to get the Beans for some of them.) Nextly, NAVI, fucking Navi. I CAN'T STAND HER! nuff said. and Lastly and most predictably, the Water Temple. Need I say more? NEED I SAY MORE? No. But push those bad things aside and...well, look at it. Its a memorable, cherished, and amazing game. When I finally beat it, I just...I felt complete, if not for a moment. I guess I'll end this off with my most memorable moment in Zelda history. When i first pulled out the Master Sword.

Thanks for listening
Back to top Go down
DaccatLegend
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
DaccatLegend

Zelda Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Games   Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 7:49 pm

a1joryj wrote:
Oh geez, Zelda, where do I begin with this? Well, I suppose from the beginning. When i was just 2 year olds, my Older Sister, Jaquelyn, got my first and all time favorite game, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time for the Nintendo 64. We spent hours and hours playing through it, finding all the easter eggs, Heart Containers, she was a master at gaming back in the day. One day, when I was about 7, she decided I was old enough for her to entrust me with Ocarina of time. To this day, I still have it and play it. The cartridge is about really old, we got it on opening day, but it still works as if we got it yesterday. When she gave it to me, I vowed to beat it all the way through, every Skulltula, every Heart Container, everything. And I did, however many things gave me trouble like finding all 100 skulltulas, the Biggoron quest, Bombchu Bowling, The Gerudo Training Grounds and the dreaded Fishing. The game has literally the longest lifespan i've ever seen, both by itself and for its fans. It has HUGE replay value, and I'm not overexaggerating when I say that. I've beaten it 100% 11 times. ELEVEN! If that's not alot to you, you need to look again. The graphics kicked ass, the music was freaking AWESOME, and most of the side characters were just...weird. As per usual in a Zelda Game of course *COUGHTINGLECOUGH*. Regardless, this game had some pretty funny moments. Like for example, if you unfreeze King Zora from the Red Ice, but you already have the Zora Tunic, he offers to give you a...kiss. Like I said, WEIRD. Or when "The-a Hard-a Working Ingo" goes apeshit when you beat him in the race. The dungeons? Some of the most memorable places, like Inside the Deku Tree? That place is a classic, and it just has the ominous feelous around it, I can't really describe it. It's like every temple has its own feeling, like with the Forest Temple, you are more away, Fire Temple, calm and collected, Water Temple, ANNOYED AS HELL. Shadow Temple, Scary and once again, ominous, and Spirit Temple which is I suppose soothing but at the same time Ominous. Kid dungeon wise, Dodongo's Cavern puts you on alert and Jabu Jabu's Belly really gets you interested and confused. One of the best qualities of this game were the items. I mean, THE FRIGGIN HOOKSHOT, Hover Boots, Din's Fire (ESPECIALLY), Slingshot, etc, i really have no favorite, because they all do individual things and each have a purpose...except for the Ice Arrows, they can go to hell. Another awesome thing was Epona. I mean, Epona is how she got me to really want to ride a horse, just so I could experiance the same feeling that Link does, and it felt AWESOME. Next and foremost best quality I believe this game has is the Ocarina. The songs you play on that just, again, have their own feeling to them. I'm not going to answer about the regular songs, but I'll describe the warp songs. Minuet Of Forest is like looking back on lost memories, Bolero Of Fire is like marching into battle, Serenade of Water is really calming (HEAVILY proved by Twilight Princess), The Nocturne of Shadow is once again Ominous, the Prelude of Light gives you that special feeling like everything will be ok, and the Requiem of Spirit is....well i can't really describe that. Though, every game has its flaws, but OOT has really few. Though I'll explain them anyways. 1: What the hell is the point of the Medalions? They do really nothing for you. 2: Ice Cavern? Theres no point to it besides the Skulltulas, Heart Containers and Iron Boots. Fish sucked too, because the bobble would be RIGHT NEXT to the fucker and it WOULDNT GO FOR IT. And speaking of Skulltulas from earliar, why the fuck does 100 skulltulas only give you 200 rupees? It should double your attack! I mean you at least deserve that if you took the time to find them all (While spending over 500 rupees because that includes having to get the Beans for some of them.) Nextly, NAVI, fucking Navi. I CAN'T STAND HER! nuff said. and Lastly and most predictably, the Water Temple. Need I say more? NEED I SAY MORE? No. But push those bad things aside and...well, look at it. Its a memorable, cherished, and amazing game. When I finally beat it, I just...I felt complete, if not for a moment. I guess I'll end this off with my most memorable moment in Zelda history. When i first pulled out the Master Sword.

Thanks for listening

lol. dude. i completely agree with you on the water temple. that place really annoyed the hell out of me. but ELEVEN TIMES??? wow. i only done that twice. amazing. i admire you determination to the game. i can kinda refer to that. except it was my dad that was like a god ( or a goddess tlking to your sister) in gaming. he taught me when i was three. (when the game came out.) i accidentally erased his file a little after he beat it and he was a bit disappointed so i promised him the same thing. i would beat it and get everything he did. he completed it 100% too. took me til i was 5. probably a whole lot shorter if it werent for the water temple.
Back to top Go down
KingGilder
Admin
Admin
KingGilder

Zelda Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Games   Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:20 pm

Half way into Majora's Mask (well, maybe less. 2 temples cleared and maybe half of the masks) I really love it. It has its challenges that make me think WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS WITHOUT EXPLANATION OF WHAT THE F--- TO DO. But I really love it. I look forward to having to get the Couples Mask. /sarcasm.

Honestly though I really am enjoying it. But with only 4 temples and maybe 9001 sidequests, I don't know if it'll be as long as Ocarina of Time in it's entirety. I hope so, thats something that made it so great. Just how much was in it. Well, I guess I'll have a better opinion later.
Back to top Go down
Ramirez
Airsick Pirate
Airsick Pirate
Ramirez

Zelda Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Games   Zelda Games I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:35 pm

It's not as long as Ocarina of time, but it has that cool apocalyptic feel to it, especially if you let the moon hit, that has a really cool end-of-the-world-everything-is-nuked scene. There's a pretty cool twist at the end of it too, but still,not as long as Ocarina.

My personal favorite is A Link to the Past, even if the stupid Temple of Darkness always trips me up because I forget about that one stupid wall you have to slow up, which is right next to another cracked wall that you can't blow up.

By the way, you should add A Link to the Past to that list, it might not be as iconic as OOT was, but it was still one of the best Zelda games of all time. A Link to the Past certainly beats Majora's Mask in my book.

Of course, I have a personal bias toward Link to the Past anyway, since my older brother played it before me and I would watch, and when he got the N64, I got the SNES, and thus Link to the Past became part of my trifecta of games that hold sentimental memories, along with Secret of Evermore and the original Star Fox.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zelda Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zelda Games   Zelda Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zelda Games
Page 1 of 1